Monday, December 20, 2010

NATIONALS... aka Best Week Ever

In June, I had the opportunity of a lifetime to compete at the national Miss Teen United States- World pageant in Houston, Texas. To say this was the best week of my life is an understatement. The people I met and the experiences I had changed who I am forever. The staff was top notch, the judges, including one of my favorite pageant winners ever, Lacy Wilson, Miss Massachusetts USA, were the best... but the other young women were on a level of their own. These girls were the absolute nicest, most intelligent, caring and passionate people I have ever been surrounded by.




 From orientation to rehearsals, to prelims and finals, I could not help but to acknowledge how truly blessed I have been to put in such an incredible position. Each and every second of my week at nationals was fun, and the friends I cam away with will be in my life forever. 







Being amongst this caliber of young ladies, I was beyond ecstatic to have placed in the top 15. After re-competing in swimsuit I advanced to the top 10 (to my surprise). After re-competing in gown I was convinced; I am truly the luckiest girl in the world I couldn’t be happier. When the names of the top 5 were called I was shocked to hear my name and brought to tears with how overwhelming the moment was. I could look out in the audience and see my mom, who through years of perseverance had always been the guiding hand leading me through and reminding me to always, if nothing else, have fun. So, that’s what I did in answering my top 5 question about bad boyfriends... It seemed to have gone over well, judging by the giggles from the women in the room;) When it came down to the final two, I was thrilled to hear my name as first runner-up, I could not be happier. 



First-runner up to me was like winning, top 15 to me was like winning.


No comments:

Post a Comment