Thursday, June 2, 2011

~A Dream Come True~

IF YOU CAN DREAM  IT - YOU CAN DO IT!
Walt Disney

            That is the motto I live my everyday life by, it was a privilege for me to have the opportunity competing for the Miss Teen Colorado-World 2011 title. I had dreamed of this weekend all year and the time had finally come! As soon as I heard the words "Contestant #8, Victoria Korthuis is our new Miss Teen Colorado World 2011"!! My journey had began...April 30th 2011 - the night I was crowned Miss Teen Colorado-World changed my life! It was not only a dream come true, but a night full of mixed emotions...
            After interview earlier that morning, opening number, and the swimsuit competition; it was time for evening gown- by far my most favorite part of competition. I had saved the most gorgeous gown for it, and it looked absolutely stunning. I had dreamed of this moment for weeks! Back stage we had limited time to change and my chaperone was helping me zip up my gown. Then the nightmare began... My zipper got caught on the hanger loop inside and broke! The current reigning queen, Heidi Hume came to my rescue in such a selfless and caring way and I will never forget the kindness she showed me. She pulled off the rack, the gown she had saved for her final walk in the spot light and said "put this on!" We both cried and she pulled me together and out to the stage I went. I am so grateful for her generosity and I cant even begin to explain how appreciative I am for that. From that experience I know I want to model myself after her as a queen, and for those who compete next year or in any other pageant; I will always be there for encouragement and such compassion as Heidi showed me.  She is truly an amazing woman and I am so privileged to be following in her footsteps. I would also like to send an enormous thank you to our fabulous director Christina Sacha, we are all so incredibly lucky to be apart of her organization! She put on a show like no other; she, like always, has raised the bar and I'm sure it will be a challenge to top all or her amazing work she has put in.
            I anticipate my journey ahead as I prepare for the National Pageant- Miss Teen United States-World! The count down had begun with it being only 3 weeks away! The pageant will be held June 27th through July 2nd.  I have a lot to prepare for as I follow in the footsteps of Heidi who earned 1st runner up to the crown last year, and it is my goal to make Colorado proud and bring home the National crown this year!

As your new Miss Teen Colorado-World 2011 I am honored to be representing our wonderful state and I hope to embody this organization in a positive manor. Thank you to all my family, friends and supporters who have believed in me and my dreams thus far. I am so blessed to have the on going support from each one of you. Let the journey begin, and here is to a dazzling 2011!

With Love,
Victoria Korthuis
Miss Teen Colorado-World 2011

 The Crowning Moment!



 The Top 5 Ladies

 Christina Sacha and Gaspar Cruz and I

 My little sister Queen! Jr. Miss Colorado-World 2011 Ashley Berry

My awards "Best in Interview" and "Wilhelmina Modeling Contract"

No comments:

Post a Comment